What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and within established policies, procedures and guidelines, the Senior Director, Business Development oversees, directs and manages the key revenue producing operating departments of Retail & Attractions, Culinary, and Golf services of Niagara Parks. Ensures sound business and accountability practices are understood, implemented and adhered to, ensures high level of customer service and operates efficiently and profitably in order to meet or exceed the acceptable standards of the NPC management and Commission.
How do I qualify?
• University degree in Business Administration, Tourism and Hospitality or a related discipline, specializing in business administration, retailing, culinary services, golf or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Effective leadership skills; sound financial management and strategic business planning, excellent analytical problem solving skills and ability, proficiency in risk management; superior oral and written communication skills including effective delivery of presentations; effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills; organizational and planning skills; tact and diplomacy; knowledge of public sector operations an asset; high level of administrative, supervisory skills/ability and knowledgeable of the tourism environment. Sound knowledge of government directives.
• Fifteen (15) to twenty (20) years of progressive leisure service and/or tourism management experience including several years in a senior leadership role.
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit Niagara Parks Job Opportunity to create a profile and submit your resume.
Niagara Parks offers a competitive annual salary as well as a comprehensive benefit and pension plan.
A successful Police Information Check is required for the selected candidate.
Applications for this position will be accepted until November 30, 2018.
- 1 Permanent - Full Time, 7400 Portage Rd, Niagara Falls, West Region, General Screening Requirement
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Monday, October 15, 2018
- This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, November 30, 2018 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Note: The only website where you can apply on-line for positions with the Ontario Public Service is http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.