Reporting to the Manager of Information Systems, the Senior Network and Security Administrator will be responsible for the overall maintenance, health and security of the company’s network infrastructure. Working with the IT team, this position requires broad knowledge and experience in most areas of Information Technology to deliver outstanding support and results. The position will play a key role in operational projects and upgrades, working with third party vendors as required to deliver cost effective and efficient solutions. Providing unparalleled support to users and driving technology solutions that improve efficiencies will also be an important aspect of the role as we continue to grow.
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot a wide variety of corporate IT systems including PCs, printers, servers, storage devices and mobile devices
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot a wide variety of operational IT systems including POS (Point of Sale), PMS (Property Management Systems), guest wi-fi, e-mail, etc.
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot various virtual network technologies deployed as well as cloud based systems, including related devices and software
- Administer, monitor and troubleshoot all back-up and disaster recovery solutions, remote connectivity and security issues (including firewall, anti-virus, software and firmware updates), in order to ensure all data, software and hardware is safeguarded
- Lead and manage IT projects, whether organic or operations related, including defining scope of work and timing, vendor pricing, contract negotiation, implementation, training and troubleshooting after deployment.
- Assist with capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements and application upgrades to ensure peak performance of underlying systems
- Provide users with technological solutions and expertise that produce efficiencies
- Provide technical expertise and platform leadership in areas of WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN and Firewall technologies.
- Oversee the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data network hardware and systems
- Develop tactical and strategic plans, standards, guidelines and policies for the network resources.
- Coordinate I.T. change planning and formal change control process order to eliminate customer impact.
- Ensure that network hardware devices and related procedures adhere to internal standard and policy as well as required regulatory compliance.
- Maintain up to date documentation about the network topology and architecture.
- Establish and maintain operational procedures, practices and security
- Provide after hours and on-call support on rotating basis to support the business 7x24x365.
- Maintain a Windows and Linux server environment that supports 300+ domain users
- Provide maintenance and support for P.O.S. system that supports 1000 users and 20 retail and F&B outlets.
- Assist in clearing helpdesk level 2 escalations and monitor performance metrics
- Liaise with various internal and external stakeholders as part of the incident management process to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization and/or its customers.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager of Information Systems
- College Diploma or University Degree or Accreditation from Technical Institute in a computer related field
- Minimum 5 – 8 years supporting a multi-server, multi-platform environment
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience required with VPN, Firewalls, Routers, WLAN,
- Knowledge of standard cabling technologies such as UTP (Category 3, 5, 5e and 6), Fiber Optic (single mode, multi-mode)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Layer 2 & 3 Technologies: Switching technologies like VLAN’s, & switch configuration from a command line
- Ability to create and modify scripts for support and monitoring purposes
- DMZ design and troubleshooting techniques
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Active Directory
- Advanced Linux knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to create, manage and support virtual environments
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel
- Experience with HP networking gear
- Knowledge of electronic data transmission principles, LAN networks, routing fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Group Policy
- Wireless Infrastructure Support and Maintenance experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable effective incident and problem resolution
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Strong customer/client focus, with the ability to manage expectations appropriately; provide a superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Citrix Xen App and Xen Server experience
- Use of a variety of monitoring applications and technologies
- Working experience with SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Zimbra email systems
- Working knowledge of Acronis and Backup Exec DR solutions
- Working knowledge of proxy servers and clients
- Experience configuring and supporting Nomadix gateways
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.