The Sous Chef is responsible to ensure superior leadership in the kitchen and to continually drive for consistent high quality food preparation, to enhance the guest dining experience, the Sous Chef must maintain a passionate, sophisticated, and competent culinary orientation to every task that is performed and willingly take direction from the Executive Chef and to clearly deliver information to all culinary staff.
Planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen, recruit, hire, train, schedule, evaluate all culinary staff. Counsel team members. Complete departmental reports and project management. Supervise kitchen staff to ensure that operations are effectively, safely and efficiently carried out and consistently monitor for any problems that may arise in the kitchen and seizing control of the situation at a moment’s notice while continually looking for ways to improve revenue and decrease cost.
- Commitment and passion to maximizing guest satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience
- Establishes immediate credibility with guests and staff – leads all staff by example
- Willingness/enjoyment to attend to the needs of others
- Ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks among staff, multiple items/products
- Employ persuasion and influence to initiate and/or resolve matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have outstanding attention to detail especially as it pertains to food quality- inspection/purchasing and presentation, supervising staff to ensure recipes, proportions and procedures are being rigorously followed at all times
- Ability to lead/supervise a team of kitchen staff
- Ability to set high performance standards/ targets for each aspect of the operation and demonstrates urgency to achieve critical goals and objectives
- Ability to supervise, direct, motivate and encourage staff to build and sustain a positive team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates personal involvement and supervision to ensure the workplace is safe for all guests and staff
- Enforces all health and safety/sanitation standards. Including preventative maintenance as it pertains to kitchen areas
- Knowledge and conversational ability to train staff to effortlessly provide exceptional guest experiences
- Microsoft and Excel skills to be able to update restaurant culinary reports
- Ability to update when needed, existing culinary control and procedure manuals including development of new manuals
- Safe food handler certification preferred
- Minimum of three to four years of experience in a related fine dining culinary setting
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of the job (standing for long periods of time, carrying loads greater than 35 pounds etc.)
- Graduate of a university/college Hospitality and Food Preparation Program or Hotel and Restaurant Management Program preferred
- Must be Red Sealed certified
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.