Sous Chef (Full Time Seasonal)
We are currently searching for a Sous Chef who has a passion for excellence to lead our culinary team. As a Sous Chef you will be assisting the Milestones Chef in running the operations of the Milestones Restaurant. Responsibilities include and not limited to: Assisting in day to day management and operations of Milestones kitchen. Assisting in the recruiting, training and developing the Kitchen team Maintaining, implementing policies and procedures. Purchasing, receiving and storage of all food items. Managing food costs through waste management, portion control and ordering. Ensuring high level of food quality and consistency through training and direction to kitchen associates. Maintaining exceptional levels of guest service. Working within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food and Payroll. Ensuring daily stand-up/ communication meetings are conducted. Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience in high volume restaurant with at least 1 year experience in a Supervisory capacity.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and properly identifying guests needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Diploma in Culinary Management. Food safety certified.
- Strong leadership and Communication skills. Has a leadership style that is developmental vs. policing, promotes a culture of dialogue, role models values and practices of the company
- The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in demonstrating behaviours consistent with Milestones Culture Statement – i.e. must have the “Hospitality Gene”.
- Excellent knowledge and high level skills with all computer desktop systems, including and not limited to Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.