Summary of Responsibilities: We are currently seeking a Supervisor for our Food and Beverage Outlets who has a passion for excellence to lead our food and beverage service team. As the Supervisor of Food and Beverage, you will be assisting the General Manager of the Food and Beverage Outlets in running the operations of the Food and Beverage Outlets. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Restaurant and Banquet Manager in hiring, training, scheduling and disciplining.
- Leading and motivating the restaurant and banquet team to exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Running the floor, this includes monitoring for seating availability
- Inspecting grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Coaching staff on a daily basis to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Driving systems and standards of the concept through role modeling constantly and spot checking procedures.
- Completing scheduled monthly inventories and replenish stock and requisitioned supplies.
- Completing opening and closing duties.
- Reporting accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions to the General Manager.
- Conducting pre-shifts meeting to inform Associates of daily hotel activities.
- Ensuring all Associates has been trained properly before given any task assignment.
- Motivating and encouraging employees to perform their best, making them accountability for their work area and providing feedback on possible improvements.
- Assisting the Restaurant Manager and Banquet Manager in establishing and communicating the Company’s expectations and ensuring the consistency of service standards are rendered to guests.
- Responding appropriately to employees concerns.
- Following up with the guests concerns regarding satisfaction.
- Focusing on guest satisfaction and improvement during all departmental meetings.
- Ensuring that the Marriott service standards are being followed in all Food and Beverage Outlets.
- Serving as a role model to the team by demonstrating appropriate Marriott service behaviours.
- Minimum of 2 years hospitality industry experience in a Restaurant and Banquet Managerial/Supervisory role.
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written when dealing with guests and employees both internally and externally.
- Degree/Diploma in Hospitality Management, Marketing Sales or a related discipline is a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, co-operatively within a team setting and as well as the ability to plan and multi-task in a busy environment.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be computer literate – proficient in word and excel
NOTICE: The hotel business function seven days a week. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.