THIRD YEAR APPRENTICE (Full Time Seasonal)
This position is responsible for assisting in the efficient operations of the kitchen to ensure customers receive quality service and meals. This includes: arriving to work for scheduled start time, ready to commence work with appropriate tools, uniform and in adherence to the grooming policy; setting up grills, fryers and equipment; ala carte cooking; stocking condiments, foods, small wares and required supplies; pre-portioning food; preparing salads; preparing menu items; storing foods; clean as you go to ensure cleanliness of the work area; after service turn off and clean oven tops and work areas; complete all give tasks to set standards (while constantly seeking to improve); be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross-training when directed; make sure food quality and quantity is correct; make sure all food is prepared by recipes designated by supervisor; follow all kitchen regulations as outlined and directed; adhere to all health and safety standards, guidelines and policies; be able to assist in same day prep and advance prep for another station as instructed by supervisor.
- Committed to Quality and Hospitality.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- 2 years experience in a cooking and or classroom environment.
- Experience in a high volume restaurant environment.
- Previous Milestones experience an asset.
- First year culinary students preferred.
- Ability to perform under strict supervision and apply skills learned to culinary training.
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma required.
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.