Do you think everyone needs a chance to play more, fear less – and fly?
At WildPlay’s MistRider Zipline to the Falls, we have an opportunity for a Zipline Manager to be part of a company that creates world-class adventures. As part of the leadership team, the Zipline Manager is responsible for coordinating daily operations including: staffing, guest flow, logistics, facilities, and maintains communication regarding ever-changing weather conditions and impacts. Working closely with Element Supervisors to track technical issues and records, the Zipline Manager oversees risk management compliance and prioritization of operational duties.
This high throughput location is seeking an experienced Manager able to oversee a fast-paced operation and changing environment while maintaining a professional, enthusiastic and friendly staff. Are you the right person to make WildPlay’s MistRider Zipline to the Falls the most awesome adventure in Canada? Apply today and tell us how your professional know-how will make a difference.
Working at WildPlay means being active in a close-knit team of energetic people. We collaborate to tackle challenges and find (or create) opportunities, and take independent action to elevate the WildPlay experience for others. Our employees are important to us, and we provide training, progressive responsibilities, a positive (and fun) work environment, free access to unlimited WildPlay activities, and more benefits to “nurture the clan.”
Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs activities, with strong initiative and drive, that ensure adherence to principles of: guest and staff safety, risk management, operational efficiencies, Park/facility/vehicle inspection and maintenance, employee engagement, and exceptional guest services
- Interacts cooperatively with staff and guests to ensure expectations are being set, met, and exceeded
- Develops and maintains employee’s schedules
- Ensures information and premises security, including oversight of hard copy and electronic records
- Ensures compliance with procedures for opening and closing of the Park
- Assists General Manager in financial and accounting needs (deposits, cash management, invoice and billing; accounts receivables)
- Models the standards of risk management and guest service, leading the team by example through hands-on participation when needed as Element Staff or Guest Service Agent
- Maintains a solid understanding of all Park jobs and roles. Delivers training to Guides and/or Guest Services Agents
- Remains aware of liability issues pertaining to Park operations and assets, and ensures employees are informed and act accordingly
- Ensures adherence to government statutes, laws, by-laws, and permit restrictions relevant to Park operations. Represents WildPlay appropriately to officials
- Maintains accurate issues-management records (conflicts/problems, accidents, or incidents with guests, or the environment).
- Assists the General Manager with human resources, including: coaching, development, recruitment, training, and performance management
Qualifications and Skills
- Formal education, or proven experience, in business or recreation supervision, preferably at a high-throughput location
- Positive attitude with the ability to give and receive feedback
- Knowledge of risk management practices for high risk activities
- Proven experience delivering staff training, and providing team leadership and mentorship that gets results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed guest expectations.
- Able to manage multiple projects, adhere to budgets, and solve problems with attention to detail.
- Strong IT abilities, including the ability to work with standard Microsoft Office applications, and to learn new software.
- Reports to the General Manager
- Provides direction to Team Leads, Guest Service Agents, Element Guides, Shuttle Drivers and Park staff
- Year round full-time employment with benefits
- Flexible full-time schedule according to the needs of the business
- Hours include working both evenings and weekends
- Some requirements to travel to various Park locations
- Workload fluctuates seasonally
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.