The Nathanial Dett Memorial Chapel of the BME Church of Canada is a National Heritage Landmark Site, and an important part of the history of the Underground Railroad to freedom for those who escaped the bonds of slavery.
The church was built in 1836, and along with being a landmark site, it is once again growing as a church congregation, with Sunday worship services at 10:30 am, with a time to enjoy coffee and fellowship afterwards.
Arrangements can be made to visit at other times during the week for those travelling in the area. A 60 minute historical presentation is available for groups that wish to visit at arranged times, and individuals who wish to visit are welcome to get in touch to arrange a time to come in for a less formal information session.
A freewill offering is taken with groups, and there is a donation box for individuals who wish to offer support to the church to enable it to continue to be available to those who visit our community.
Please see contact info of Rev. Lois Dix above, should you have any questions!