As early as June 1928 aerial rides over Niagara Falls have been available to visitors and locals.
It all began when a small airport was built by Harry Oakes (a well-known Niagara philanthropist) just north of the Village of Chippawa opposite Marineland’s south parking lot.
This is where Oakes' singular Tri-Motor Ford airplane known as “The Goose” would take off and land after taking 12 passengers on a ten-minute ride above the Falls. The cost was $5.00 each. The airport closed in 1931 due to a lack of business.
Today, Niagara Helicopters has been taking people on exciting rides above these majestic Falls for over 50 years. Aerial tours are also available with National Helicopter.