Every year as the temperature begins to change and summer turns to fall, warm autumn colours wash over Niagara Falls creating a masterpiece of golden hues. As October approaches, this beautiful transition is almost upon us! Check out some of our favourite photos from years passed of the amazing colours that take over Niagara.
Profile Photo Courtesy of Christine Hess.
These are some of the best places to capture autumn colours across Niagara:
- Wander through the 10 acres of secluded paradise known as Dufferin Islands, located just south of the Horseshoe Falls.
- Take a ride on the historic Whirlpool Aero Car, suspended high above the Class 6 Whitewater Rapids and the thousands of lush trees that frame the Niagara Whirlpool.
- Visit the Floral Showhouse where not only are their indoor displays seasonally themed, but their beautiful landscaping and trees surrounding the property guarantee that fall feeling.
- Paradise Grove Restoration area located at the end of the Niagara Parkway in Niagara-on-the-Lake is a beautiful place to take in the nature of things, north of the Falls.
- Grab a bite at Queenston Heights Restaurant where you'll be surrounded by fall colours in addition to gourmet cuisine and winding river views.
- Of course, getting above it all at the top of the Skylon Tower is the only way to get views of the entire city's golden colour scheme!