That’s the question most people ask who take the Hornblower Niagara cruise to the base of the falls.
The building is the abandoned Ontario Power Company’s generating station built in 1905.The building on the very top of the bank was the company’s distribution station. The station ceased operations in 1999 and is now owned by The Niagara Parks Commission.
The former distribution station is now the location of the Fallsview Casino and Resort.
The building below the former distribution station, called the Surge Tank, is where the lights are located that illuminate the falls each evening year round.
The building to the left near the middle of the photograph is the old Table Rock House built in 1853.
The attached photo found on this postcard was taken about 1906.