Company: Adventure Rooms Canada provides a thrilling recreational and team-building experience to customers of all ages. We provide unique and challenging, real life escape the room games for our guests. We are currently ranked number 1 on TripAdvisor, under “Things to Do” for K/W and Niagara regions, and have plans to grow in the future. Adventure Rooms Canada is a fun and friendly place to work, with future opportunities available. We’d like you to grow with us!
** Please ensure to review our Facebook page and website prior to sending your application. http://www.adventurerooms.ca - we are looking for fans who are excited about this position.
Job Description : Your main responsibilities will be to provide a world class, fun and friendly experience for all of our guests. Your role will be vitally important to the success and experience for all of our participants. All daily duties will be completed in a friendly, well-organized and energetic manner.
On a day to day basis, you will be expected to:
- Arrive in advance of your shift to check the setup of your game before hosting
- Set up/Reset the game experience in preparation for new players for each game session - this involves lifting, bending, climbing stairs and fast-paced movements that need to be completed in a short period of time
- Greet, Host and/or Run the Adventure – Paying close attention to all aspects of the game in play
- Take payments, reservations and photos for game participants
- Answer and organize emails, stock items and telephone calls as needed
- Regularly clean and sanitize the game/reception areas and bathroom
- On a daily basis repair, replace and/or note essential game items that have become damaged, lost, or are low in stock
- Notify management of all issues that may arise
- Take on one additional specific project to assist in the business’ daily operations
- Always be courteous, energetic and enthusiastic towards our guests and fellow staff
- Take on extra duties as required, or based on interest/special skills
To achieve this, you will be working either alone (at times), or as part of a team. Your work will enable the company to continue to offer a world class adventure experience for all of our guests.
Our game sessions operate with very brief setup periods in between sessions. Care and attention to detail are required to enable this transition to occur smoothly.
Requirements and Qualifications :
You must be a people person and a team player with a CAN do attitude. You will be a highly energetic, friendly, and outgoing person with the ability to command attention in a crowd of people. On a daily basis, you may be speaking to children, adults and/or business professionals and must be able to deliver instructions to all audiences.
You will have completed high school and will have a minimum of 1 year of experience in hospitality or customer service/sales with a demonstrated ability to respond compassionately to the questions, needs and/or concerns of your customers. Preference will be given to those with customer-facing or customer relations/escalations experience. We are looking for individuals that wish to grow with us and are career-minded. You must be physically capable of completing the fast paced aspects of the job.
You will have demonstrated strong skills in communication, presentation, time management, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and leadership. You are handy, can use tools, can make quick repairs to items, and/or use the internet to figure out a solution. You are calm under pressure with a great sense of humour. You are a positive, supportive and enthusiastic team member who enjoys challenge. You are available for afternoon, evening and weekend work, and available on short notice, as required.
Willingness to relocate and/or travel is a bonus.
Preference will be given to applicants who have previously played our games and are passionate about our experience.
We offer a casual dress code and relaxed, but professional work atmosphere.
Please do not call or go direct.
Applicants are accepted via email only and will be contacted for next rounds if suitable.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Niagara Falls, ON (Preferred)
- Driver’s Licence (Preferred)
For further details on the postion, including how to apply, please visit the website above.