Millions of sparkling lights and time to reconnect with loved ones makes the Winter Festival of Lights the perfect date night experience. Grab a hot drink at one of the 17 Hot Chocolate Trail stops, put on your warm toque and mittens and head out for a night under the lights (and stars). This 3 km route takes you through larger than life displays and spectacular views of the Falls.
- Start your route by parking at the Niagara Parks Floral Showhouse to explore the illuminated gardens, including The Niagara display.
- From here, walk towards the Falls, taking in the sights of the city lights along the skyline. Can you spot the Niagara SkyWheel in the distance?
- Just passed the new Niagara Parks Power Station you'll walk through the 40ft Light Tunnel and path with illuminated trees on your way to the Clock Tower at Table Rock Centre.
- At the Clock Tower you'll find the large LOVE display and an illuminated heart bench to capture photos with your loved one.
- Inside the Table Rock Centre with views of the illuminated Horseshoe Falls is a giant engagement ring display. Maybe the perfect spot to get down on one knee?
- After Table Rock Centre, head towards Queen Victoria Place on the illuminated pathway where you'll pass by the Nikola Tesla monument and enjoy great views of the illuminated Falls.
- A whimsical winter wonderland awaits at Queen Victoria Place with a giant Gingerbread House, Gingerbread Family and illuminated trees.
- As you head up Murray Street towards Fallsview Blvd you'll be greeted with shooting star displays leading up to the Fairytale Castle & Unicorn.
- The Entertainment District of Fallsview Blvd showcases 3D Stars and in front of the Fallsview Casino you'll be faced with HAPPY, an illuminated photo frame, Ornament bench and illuminated fountains.
- After experiencing the Festival lights along Fallsview Blvd take a short-cut back to Table Rock Centre using the Falls Incline Railway. You'll get even more wonderful views of the Illuminated Falls on the way down and it's a short walk back through the Light Tunnel to the Floral Showhouse.
Make it a new tradition to stay overnight to enjoy the rest and relaxation, and daytime views of the Falls, too.
Accommodations to suit every budget
0 CommentsPost a Comment
Replying to Full Name