With so much to see and do in Niagara Falls, you'll be creating family memories at every turn. Whether you're visiting for a day or a week, we've put together ideas to help you create the most epic itinerary for your summer family vacation. Visiting Niagara Falls could be your new annual family tradition!
Home to a Natural Wonder of the World, Niagara Falls Canada welcomes millions of guests each year to be awe-inspired by the famous waterfalls – the Canadian Horseshoe Falls, American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls – and attractions.
Spend the morning get up close to the majestic wonder with iconic Falls experiences.
Have a blast on Clifton Hill - the Street of Fun!
Spend the night... or 2 or 3!
Niagara Falls has accommodations for all preferences and budgets. We recommend getting the best view of the world wonder with a Fallsview room or revel in the excitement of a waterpark resort. Learn more about your options!
Fallsview Hotels & Waterpark Resorts
Enjoy a family dinner at Hard Rock Cafe, Kelseys or Rainforest Cafe on Clifton Hill.
After dinner, don't miss the nightly fireworks and Falls illumination by taking a stroll along the parkway. The bonus of a Fallsview room - you can see the fireworks display and illumination in your pjs!
Family Adventure & Flying Friends
Start your day off with an exciting activity:
- WildPlay Zipline to the Falls (ages 7+) or the WildPlay Whirlpool Adventure Course (ages 5+) take you high in the sky for adventure and incredible views
- If you're feeling extra daring, ride the rapids on the Niagara River with Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours (wet and dry boats available)
Get up close with nature and make new friends at the Bird Kingdom or Butterfly Conservatory.
Dining options abound in Niagara Falls. For lunch or dinner, please everyone in your crew with the vast menus at My Cousin Vinny's, Milestones, Mick & Angelo's Kitchen + Bar or T.G.I. Friday's.
Zoos & Theme Parks
Take it outside for a day of exploring, learning about animals, and spending quality family time together.
- Safari Niagara - Escape to a 150-acre nature park with lions, giraffes, hippos, monkeys and more. Behind the scenes experiences with animals are available, plus a ropes course, paddle boats, carousel, and giant splash pad.
- Marineland of Canada - This marine themed park showcases educational experiences, more than a dozen amusement park rides, and a new arctic-themed splash pad.
Savour some international fare for dinner at The Kasbah Mediterranean or Mama Mia's Italian Eatery.
History & Culture
Go back in time to experience the history of the Niagara Region.
- Explore historic sites and see live re-enactments of the War of 1812 at Old Fort Erie or Fort George
- Tour historically significant landmarks including the Laura Secord Homestead, McFarland House and Brock's Monument
- For a look at the history of the Welland Canal - and maybe catch a ship passing through the lock - head over to the St. Catharines Museum and Welland Canals Centre.
Explore the History & Culture of Niagara Falls Canada
Be One with Nature
Did you know that Niagara Parks has 56 kilometres of parkland from Fort Erie to Niagara-on-the-Lake? Explore the beautiful parks by foot or rent bikes and e-bikes.
- Floral Showhouse
- Queen Victoria Park
- Oakes Garden Theatre
- Niagara Glen and Nature Centre - hike in the Niagara Gorge
- White Water Walk - boardwalk and self-guided tour along the river's edge and white water rapids
- Botanical Gardens
- Floral Clock
- Dufferin Islands
While exploring Niagara Parks, enjoy their selection of full-service, FeastOn certified restaurants, or grab a quick bite at their cafes along the Niagara Parkway.
- Table Rock House Restaurant or Queen Victoria Place Restaurant for locally inspired cuisine with patio views
- Butterfly Cafe or Aero Car Cafe for quick serve options
Good Old-Fashioned Family Fun
A little friendly competition makes for great memories when you're having fun with those you love. Niagara Falls has something for everyone, so you can race, tag, and score to your hearts' content.
- Dinosaur Adventure Golf - 50 life-size dinos and an erupting volcano
- Niagara Falls Fun Zone - lazer tag, mirror maze, mini putt and arcade games
- Niagara Speedway - North America's largest elevated race track
- The Fun House
- Big Top Amazing Mirror & Laser Maze
Soar through the Sky
Niagara Helicopter Tour
Soar above the Falls with Niagara Helicopters and spot all your favourite activities from up above.
Keep your head in the clouds with lunch or dinner 775 feet above the Falls at the Skylon Tower Revolving Dining Room and don’t miss the epic views from the Indoor/Outdoor Observation Deck.
Find the Perfect Memento of Your Family Vacation
Visiting in the Winter?
Niagara Falls is a year-round destination with most attractions open in every season. Don’t miss our winter-focused itinerary, 48 Hours of Family Fun in Niagara Falls. And remember, it’s always summer indoors at the waterparks!