The Winter Festival of Lights is an enchanting experience for the young and young at heart! If you are looking to bundle up and enjoy a walk through the Festival, this 3 km route is a great way to see the new displays and annual favourites (and it's stroller friendly).
- Start your route by parking at the Skylon Tower, Fallsview Casino or nearby parking lot at the top of Murray Street and Stanley Avenue.
- Your first night journey will take you through The Enchanted Forest where you will come across a lit pathway illuminating larger then life 3D Deer, 3D Moose and a 3D Bison. Make sure to take a look up, the lit skyline with the Skylon Tower and the Casino make a great photo backdrop.
- Travel up Murray Street towards Fallsview Boulevard, where you will walk along the "Street of Stars". In front of the Fallsview Casino you will find the Holiday Ornament bench for a perfect rest stop as well as the an ideal location for a photo opportunity with the Photo Frame and the multicoloured HAPPY display, across the street in front of the Hilton Hotel & Suites enjoy the star displays that twinkle in the night.
- Work your way back down Murray Street towards the Falls where you will pass the beautifully lit lamp posts with Shooting Stars, and stop at the Castle & Unicorn for a stellar view of the illuminated Falls in the background.
- From there, follow the shooting star light displays to the bottom of Murray Hill and right into Queen Victoria Place.
- Queen Victoria Place is also home to the Gingerbread House and Sequoia Tree along with the Gingerbread Family photo opp.
- Before you move on make sure to take in the nightly Falls Illumination with Sparkling Winter Lights animation at 6, 7 & 8PM.
- Continue your walk along the illuminated path just around the corner from the Illumination Tower. Stop to enjoy the spectacular views of the illuminated Falls before you reach the Clock Tower at Table Rock Centre.
- Show us your LOVE with a selfie at the illuminated LOVE display or take a photo behind the giant heart that is the In the Arms of Love art sculpture.
- Just inside the Table Rock Clock Tower is the illuminated heart bench, and icicle lights that hand down from above the Table Rock Pedestrian Bridge.
- From Table Rock, continue walking towards the new Niagara Parks Power Station through the path of illuminated trees to the twinkling Light Tunnel. Nightly at 6:30PM the Niagara Parks Power Station hosts its Currents sound & light show, get your tickets to take in this immersive and interactive experience.
- Complete the loop taking a ride up the Falls Incline Railway located at Table Rock, enjoy the unique view of the Falls as the Incline Railway takes you up the hill. The Incline Railway will drop you off at Fallsview Blvd where you can then walk back towards Murray Street. Along your walk you'll discover even more of the street of stars plus you will have another chance to stop at the displays along Fallsview Boulevard.
Make it a family fun staycation with overnight accommodations and a second day of exploring the great outdoors and experiences in Niagara Falls.
0 CommentsPost a Comment
Replying to Full Name