Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to your most important travel concerns.
Before you visit Niagara Falls Canada check out our FAQ for quick answers to your important travel concerns. From border crossing to weather to fireworks schedule and more, we've got the answers.
Tickets & Passes
Border Crossing & Passport
- Do American Citizens need a passport to enter Niagara Falls, Canada?
- Do children need passports? I have read in several places that they only need a birth certificate?
- Do U.S citizens visiting Canada need a passport book or will a passport card be sufficient?
- I am a current visitor visiting the USA. I do have a Visa for the USA. Can this also be used to enter Canada?
Weather & Climate
- Can I use my American cell phone when I come to Canada?
- Can you use US currency at the attractions at the Falls?
- Are reservations required in advance or can I just drive up to Niagara and get a hotel?
- Will Niagara Falls Attractions and Specialty Shops be open on weekends and holidays?
- What is VQA?
- Can I purchase or consume marijuana in Niagara Falls?
- What is the boat ride towards the Falls called?
- How can I get married in Niagara Falls?
- Can I use a drone by, near or above the Falls?
- What is the legal age to drink alcohol and visit a casino?
Don't see the answer you're looking for Ask a question